When to contact your instructor:
- Don't hesitate to contact the instructor for your section if you have any problems or concerns. The earlier problems are addressed the more likely they can be solved.
- If you have difficulties with the material it is important to follow the follwing steps (in this order):
- BEFORE problems arise, go to all lectures, do all assignments, and read and follow the advice in "How to succeed"
- Make a genuine effort yourself. Re-read lecture notes and the section in the book, try to understand the concept, and then spend some effort trying to solve the problem. Without this, the impact of any help is greatly reduced in terms of its impact on your learning
- Try to ask fellow students, take advantage of study groups - the PLC is a great place to meet other students and form study groups
- Ask a TA in the Physics Learning Center
- Talk to your professor
How to contact Prof. Schatz and Prof. Spyrou:
- Talk to them right after class
- send an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). An appointment can then be setup right away. Use the phone only in emergencies.
How to find Prof. Schatz and Prof. Spyrou
Office location: Cyclotron building
Office number: W-205 for Spyrou (Section 2), W-211 for Schatz (Section 1)
Prof. Spyrou's and Schatz' office are located in the cyclotron building. This is not the building where the classes are held, but a different one, accross the "science courtyard", adjacent to Chemistry.
Enter the cyclotron building through its main entrance. The main entrance is located on South Shaw Lane, right next to the Chemistry Building. There will be a friendly receptionist in the lobby. Just tell her/him that you would like to meet Prof. Spyrou or Prof. Schatz. If you are visiting for the first time, they will call us, and someone will pick you up. Once you know your way the receptionist may let you just go to the respective office.
Back to PHY184