PHY231 Second Midterm exam info
- Practice problems have been posted in the lecture note sections of both sections. Solutions will come soon.
When and where
- Thursday, March 31. Time and place are the same as your regular PHY231 lecture for your section.
- Week 5-9 on posted schedule ( http://www.nscl.msu.edu/~schatz/PHY231/schedule.html). This includes everything covered in lectures, homework set 5-8, and listed chapters in the book weeks.
- Roughly speaking this is all material from "Momentum" through and including "Solids and Fluids". The exam will not cover thermal physics.
What to bring:
- one single equation/note sheet, letter size, both sides can be used. This can be typed or handwritten. Note that we will collect the equation sheet used, so you need to keep a copy for later use.
- You cannot use or have on your table anything but the items listed above, the exam papers handed out to you, and the bubble form. You cannot use or have within reach your own note paper, books, cell phones, ipads/ipods, computers, etc
- The exam paper will include empty pages for carrying out the calculations. The exam paper and the bubble form are the only paper you can write on.
- All paper used during the exam will be collected afterwards, including your equation sheet.
- Don't open the exam until you are told to do so.
- Stop writing when the time is up.
- If there is anything unclear about a question please raise your hand and ask. Obviously we will only make clarifications of the questions and not give any hints concerning solutions.
- All constants and unit conversions needed will be provided.
- The exam will last for the entire regular lecture time
- There will be numerical questions and conceptual questions
- The exam will be multiple choice. Answers are filled in on a bubble form.
- There will be some form of assigned seating. More information later ...
Back to PHY231