When to contact your instructor:
- Don't hesitate to contact the instructor for your section if you have any problems or concerns. The earlier problems are addressed the more likely they can be solved.
- If you have difficulties with the material it is important to follow the follwing steps (in this order):
- BEFORE problems arise, go to all lectures, do all assignments, and read and follow the advice in "How to succeed"
- Make a genuine effort yourself. Re-read lecture notes and the section in the book, try to understand the concept, and then spend some effort trying to solve the problem.
- Try to ask fellow students, take advantage of study groups
- Go to the helproom
- Talk to your professor
How to contact Prof. Schatz and Prof. Lynch:
- talk to them right after class
- walk in during office hours
- send an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). Questions might be answered via e-mail or an appointment can be setup. Use the phone only in emergencies.
How to find Prof. Schatz and Prof. Lynch:
Office location: Cyclotron building
Office number: W-106 for Lynch (Section 1), W-211 for Schatz (Section 2)
Prof. Lynch's and Schatz' office are located in the cyclotron building. This is not the building where the classes are held, but a different one, accross the "science courtyard", adjacent to Chemistry.
Enter the cyclotron building through its main entrance. The main entrance is located on South Shaw Lane, right next to the Chemistry Building. There will be a friendly receptionist in the lobby. Just tell her/him that you would like to meet Prof. Lynch or Prof. Schatz, and they will call or page him. He will then pick you up in the Lobby. If you know where his office is, the receptionist might also let you just go there.
Back to PHY231